Sunday, June 14, 2009

Abraham Lincoln Power Point

This is another activity I can definitely use. We have a mobile cart of net books, and I already do many collaborative activities. I can see using the Google Docs Power Point program to adapt many of the jigsaw activitiesI have done previously. Specifically, we study the history of the US space program and all of the technology the US had to develop to take a man to the moon. Last year, I gave small groups of students (2-3) one piece of technology, such as the Titan missile, the space suit, or the LEM and had them create posters of their technology and how it led to the moon landing. If I had done that on Power Point, I could have posted the final project to my website, and the kids could have used it as a study guide in preparation for their final test on the topic.

Another place we could use this is with the study of classification. This could be a document shared within a small group, with each member being the expert on one of the 5 kingdoms. Since I would have several "plant experts" within the room, all of those students could get together to do research, and then those students could team up with experts from the other 4 kingdoms to develop a power point on the 5 Kingdoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment